Congregation Kneses Tifereth Israel (KTI) is like the tree of life; eitz hayim. Just as water, sunlight and strong roots are essential to the health and well being of a tree, a strong and vibrant KTI Religious School is essential to the health and well being of our KTI eitz hayim. We view KTI as a growing and thriving community.
To ensure a meaningful religious school education now and in the future, we strive to create an inspiring, stimulating and nourishing environment where learning is for everyone and not beyond anyone. At KTI, we aspire to create a community of lifelong learners who form the branches of our eitz hayim.
We are passionate about our commitment to Jewish learning and living; we believe that Judaism may be learned in school but is lived at home. We seek to instill a strong sense of Jewish pride and identity in our students and their families through the study of Torah, prayer, the Hebrew language, Jewish culture, history, and tradition, and Israel, indeed our roots.
Our goal is to create positive, enduring Jewish memories for our children and our community. Therefore, we strive to build a place where excellence is the norm and where:
• Parents and children study and learn together;
• Parents and children experience Shabbat together;
• Students engage in interactive, multi-sensory, multi-media learning;
• Children view our Religious School as a social center;
• Parents and children are encouraged to learn, make personal meaning and develop connections to tradition;
• Respect and tolerance is taught and practiced;
• KTI's Religious School has a positive impact on the entire KTI community.
We see a future in which our Religious School is a place where everyone feels a sense of belonging and the Jewish spirit is instilled in our children to nourish and nurture the eitz hayim known as Congregation KTI.